Physiotherapy is one the most well recognised Allied Health professions globally. Physiotherapists have a reputation for being highly educated and thorough in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries. Physiotherapy is a non-invasive, start to end service which helps people recover from injuries, prevent further injury and improve performance. Our Physiotherapists near Bundoora take great pride in restoring the body to its best function.
Common improvements of physiotherapy treatments are: lower pain, reduced muscle tension and improved mobility.
What To Expect During A Physio Consultation
Our Physiotherapists near Bundoora will take your history and review your scan results to determine your needs and then provide you with a treatment and management plan that will help you achieve your goals. This patient-centred approach focuses on personalised and evidence-based treatments which get you feeling and moving better sooner. A consultation usually includes;.
Conditions Treated By Physiotherapists
Our local to Bundoora Physiotherapists are able to assist in assessing, diagnosing and providing treatment for a wide variety of conditions including;
What Physio Techniques Are Available?
There are many different techniques that physiotherapists use to help their patients. Some of the most used techniques are:
- Massage: This is a popular technique that can help to relieve pain and tension in the muscles. It can help improve circulation and flexibility.
- Exercise: Exercise is an important component of physical therapy. It can help to strengthen muscles, improve range of motion, and reduce pain.
- Heat and Cold Therapy: The use of heat or cold therapy to relieve pain and swelling. While heat therapy can relax muscles, cold therapy can reduce inflammation.
- Ultrasound: This technique uses sound waves to help relieve pain and promote healing.
- Electric Stimulation: This is an electrical stimulation technique that helps relax muscles and reduce pain.
These are only a few of many techniques that physiotherapists can use to help their patients. If you are experiencing pain or discomfort, be sure to consult with a physiotherapist to find out which techniques may be best for you.
We welcome private health insurance, Medicare, Workcover, TAC and DVA patients.
The Benefits of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy offers many benefits both mentally and physically. For those who are recovering from an injury, physiotherapy can help to reduce pain and swelling, as well as improve range of motion and flexibility. Physiotherapy can also help to prevent injuries by strengthening muscles and improving balance. In addition to the physical benefits, physiotherapy can also help to reduce stress and anxiety, and improve sleep quality.
Our Physiotherapists Can Help You
Excel Body & Health provide quality physio care to patients across the Northern suburbs of Melbourne from our local clinic in Rosanna.
We welcome patients from Bundoora and aim to provide you with the best possible treatment and care.