Physiotherapy is a well recognised and respected Allied Health profession. Physiotherapists are known for being thorough and well educated in assessing, diagnosing, treating and providing rehabilitation for musculoskeletal injuries. Physiotherapy provides a non-invasive and complete solution to pain and injuries. It also helps improve performance. Our Physiotherapists near Heidelberg take great pride in restoring the body to its best function.
Common benefits of physiotherapy treatments include reduced pain, decreased muscle tension, improved mobility and patient education.
What To Expect During A Physio Consultation
Our Physiotherapists near Heidelberg will take your history and review your scan results to determine your needs and then provide you with a treatment and management plan that will help you achieve your goals. This patient-centred approach focuses on personalised and evidence-based treatments that help you feel and move better faster. Generally, a consultation will include;
Conditions Treated By Physiotherapists
Our local to Heidelberg Physiotherapists are able to assist in assessing, diagnosing and providing treatment for a wide variety of conditions including;
What Techniques Do Physios Use?
There are many different techniques that physiotherapists use to help their patients. Some of the most used techniques are:
- Massage: This is a popular technique that can help to relieve pain and tension in the muscles. It can help improve circulation and flexibility.
- Exercise: Exercise is an important component of physical therapy. It can help to strengthen muscles, improve range of motion, and reduce pain.
- Heat and Cold Therapy: The use of heat or cold therapy to relieve pain and swelling. Heat therapy can be used to relax muscles, while cold therapy can help to reduce inflammation.
- Ultrasound: This technique uses sound waves to help relieve pain and promote healing.
- Electrical Stimulation: The use of electrical impulses to reduce pain and relax muscles.
These are just some of the many different techniques that physiotherapists use to help their patients. If you are experiencing pain or discomfort, be sure to consult with a physiotherapist to find out which techniques may be best for you.
We welcome private health insurance, Medicare, Workcover, TAC and DVA patients.
The Benefits of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy, often referred to as Physio, has many benefits that can be both physical and mental. Physiotherapy can be helpful for those recovering from injuries. It can reduce pain, swelling, and improve flexibility and range of motion. Physiotherapy can help prevent injuries by strengthening the muscles and improving balance. If you want to learn more about Physio, it can provide many benefits beyond the physical, such as helping to reduce stress, anxiety, and improve your sleep quality.
Our Physiotherapists Can Help You
Excel Body & Health provide quality physio care to patients across the Northern suburbs of Melbourne from our local clinic in Rosanna.
We welcome patients from Heidelberg and aim to provide you with the best possible treatment and care.