Physiotherapy, an Allied Health profession, is widely recognised around the world. Physiotherapists are highly skilled and well-educated in diagnosing, treating, and providing rehabilitation for musculoskeletal injury. Physiotherapy is a non-invasive service that helps people heal from injuries, prevents further injury, and improves performance. Our Physiotherapists near Ivanhoe pride themselves on restoring optimal physical function and reducing body imbalances through their treatment alone or with an adjunct referral to our “Clinical Exercise” classes.
Common improvements in Physiotherapy treatments include: reduced pain, lower muscle tension, better mobility, improved circulation performance, and patient education.
What To Expect During A Physio Consultation
Our Physiotherapists near Ivanhoe will listen carefully to your history, examine your body, review scan results, and create a plan for you to reach your goals. The patient-centred approach is based on evidence-based, personalised treatments that get you moving and feeling better faster. A consultation will usually follow;
Conditions Treated By Physiotherapists
Our local to Ivanhoe Physiotherapists are able to assist in assessing, diagnosing and providing treatment for a wide variety of conditions including;
What Physio Techniques Are Available?
There are many methods that physiotherapists employ to help their patients. The most popular techniques are:
- Massage: This popular treatment can relieve tension and pain in the muscles. It can help improve circulation and flexibility.
- Exercise: Exercise is an important part of physiotherapy treatment. It can help strengthen muscles, improve range and motion, reduce pain, and more
- Heat and Cold Therapy: This involves using either heat or cold to help relieve pain and swelling. Heat therapy can be used to relax muscles, while cold therapy can help to reduce inflammation.
- Ultrasound: This is a technique that uses sound waves to help relieve pain and promote healing.
- Electrical stimulation: This technique uses electric impulses to relax muscles and decrease pain.
These are only a few of many techniques that physiotherapists can use to help their patients. If you are experiencing pain or discomfort, be sure to consult with a physiotherapist to find out which techniques may be best for you.
We welcome private health insurance, Medicare, Workcover, TAC and DVA patients.
The Benefits of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy, often referred to as Physio, has many benefits that can be both physical and mental. For those who are recovering from an injury, physiotherapy can help to reduce pain and swelling, as well as improve range of motion and flexibility. If you want to learn more about Physio, it’s worth noting that physiotherapy can also be used to prevent injury by strengthening muscles and improving balance. Physiotherapy can provide many benefits beyond the physical. It can help reduce stress, anxiety, and improve your sleep quality.
Our Physiotherapists Can Help You
Excel Body & Health provide quality physio care to patients across the Northern suburbs of Melbourne from our local clinic in Rosanna.
We welcome patients from Ivanhoe and aim to provide you with the best possible treatment and care.