Physiotherapy has become one of the most recognised Allied Health professions worldwide. Physiotherapists have a reputation for being highly educated and thorough in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries. Physiotherapy is a non-invasive service that helps people heal from injuries, prevents further injury, and improves performance. Our Physiotherapists near Macleod have a reputation for restoring optimal physical function and reducing body imbalances.
Common improvements in Physiotherapy treatments include: reduced pain, lower muscle tension, better mobility, improved circulation performance, and patient education.
What To Expect During Your Physiotherapy Consultation
Our Physiotherapists near Macleod will review your medical history, evaluate your body function, and present you with a management plan and treatment plan that will achieve your desired outcome. The patient-centred approach emphasises personalised, evidence-based treatments that will get you feeling and moving faster. Generally, a consultation will include;
Conditions Treated By Physiotherapists
Our local to Macleod Physiotherapists are able to assist in assessing, diagnosing and providing treatment for a wide variety of conditions including;
What Techniques Do Physios Use?
There are many ways that physiotherapists can help their patients. The most popular techniques are:
- Massage: This popular therapy can help relieve pain and tension in your muscles. Massage can improve flexibility and circulation.
- Exercise: Exercise is an important component of physical therapy. It can help strengthen muscles, improve range and motion, reduce pain, and more
- Heat and Cold Therapy: This involves using either heat or cold to help relieve pain and swelling. While heat therapy can relax muscles, cold therapy can reduce inflammation.
- Ultrasound: Uses sound waves to reduce pain and promote healing.
- Electrical stimulation: This technique uses electric impulses to relax muscles and decrease pain.
These are just some of the many different techniques that physiotherapists use to help their patients. Consult a physiotherapist if you feel pain or discomfort.
We welcome private health insurance, Medicare, Workcover, TAC and DVA patients.
The Benefits of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy can offer a wide range of benefits, both physically and mentally. Physiotherapy is a great option for people who have suffered an injury. It can help reduce swelling and pain as well as increase range of motion, flexibility, and mobility. Physiotherapy can help prevent injuries by strengthening the muscles and improving balance. Apart from the physical benefits, physiotherapy may also assist with psychological and sleep quality improvements.
Our Physiotherapists Can Help You
Excel Body & Health provide quality physio care to patients across the Northern suburbs of Melbourne from our local clinic in Rosanna.
We welcome patients from Macleod and aim to provide you with the best possible treatment and care.