Physiotherapy is a well recognised and respected Allied Health profession. Physiotherapists have a reputation for being highly educated and thorough in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries. Physiotherapy is a non-invasive, start to end service which helps people recover from injuries, prevent further injury and improve performance. Our Physiotherapists near Montmorency pride themselves on restoring optimal physical function and reducing body imbalances through their treatment alone or with an adjunct referral to our “Clinical Exercise” classes.
Common improvements in Physiotherapy treatments include: reduced pain, lower muscle tension, better mobility, improved circulation performance, and patient education.
What To Expect During A Physio Consultation
Our Physiotherapists near Montmorency will review your medical history, evaluate your body function, and present you with a management plan and treatment plan that will achieve your desired outcome. The patient-centred approach is based on evidence-based, personalised treatments that get you moving and feeling better faster. A consultation will generally follow;
What Do Physiotherapists Treat?
Our local to Montmorency Physiotherapists are able to assist in assessing, diagnosing and providing treatment for a wide variety of conditions including;
What Physio Techniques Are Available?
There are many methods that physiotherapists employ to help their patients. The most popular techniques are:
- Massage: This popular therapy can help relieve pain and tension in your muscles. Massage can improve flexibility and circulation.
- Exercise: Exercise is an important part of physiotherapy treatment. It can help strengthen muscles, improve range and motion, reduce pain, and more
- Both heat and cold therapy: These therapies use heat or cold to reduce pain and swelling. While heat therapy can relax muscles, cold therapy can reduce inflammation.
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound is a sound wave technique that helps to relieve pain and promote healing.
- Electrical Stimulation: This is a technique that uses electrical impulses to help relax muscles and reduce pain.
These are just some of the many different techniques that physiotherapists use to help their patients. If you are experiencing pain or discomfort, be sure to consult with a physiotherapist to find out which techniques may be best for you.
We welcome private health insurance, Medicare, Workcover, TAC and DVA patients.
The Benefits of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy offers many benefits both mentally and physically. For those who are recovering from an injury, physiotherapy can help to reduce pain and swelling, as well as improve range of motion and flexibility. Physiotherapy can also be used to prevent injury by strengthening muscles, and improving balance. Apart from the physical benefits, physiotherapy may also assist with psychological and sleep quality improvements.
Our Physiotherapists Can Help You
Excel Body & Health provide quality physio care to patients across the Northern suburbs of Melbourne from our local clinic in Rosanna.
We welcome patients from Montmorency and aim to provide you with the best possible treatment and care.