Physiotherapy is a well recognised and respected Allied Health profession. Physiotherapists are known for being thorough and well educated in assessing, diagnosing, treating and providing rehabilitation for musculoskeletal injuries. Physiotherapy is a non-invasive, start to end service which helps people recover from injuries, prevent further injury and improve performance. Our Physiotherapists near Templestowe pride themselves on restoring optimal physical function and reducing body imbalances through their treatment alone or with an adjunct referral to our “Clinical Exercise” classes.
Common improvements of physiotherapy treatments are: lower pain, reduced muscle tension and improved mobility.
What To Expect During A Physio Consultation
Our Physiotherapists near Templestowe will take your history and review your scan results to determine your needs and then provide you with a treatment and management plan that will help you achieve your goals. The patient-centred approach is based on evidence-based, personalised treatments that get you moving and feeling better faster. A consultation will usually follow;
What Do Physiotherapists Treat?
Our local to Templestowe Physiotherapists are able to assist in assessing, diagnosing and providing treatment for a wide variety of conditions including;
What Techniques Do Physios Use?
There are many ways that physiotherapists can help their patients. The most popular techniques are:
- Massage: This is a popular technique that can help to relieve pain and tension in the muscles. It can also improve circulation and increase flexibility.
- Exercise: Exercise is an important part of physiotherapy treatment. It can improve muscle strength, range of motion and reduce pain.
- Both heat and cold therapy: These therapies use heat or cold to reduce pain and swelling. While heat therapy can relax muscles, cold therapy can reduce inflammation.
- Ultrasound: Uses sound waves to reduce pain and promote healing.
- Electrical Stimulation: This is a technique that uses electrical impulses to help relax muscles and reduce pain.
These are only a few of many techniques that physiotherapists can use to help their patients. To find the best treatment for your pain and discomfort, consult a physiotherapist.
We welcome private health insurance, Medicare, Workcover, TAC and DVA patients.
The Benefits of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy can offer a wide range of benefits, both physically and mentally. For those who are recovering from an injury, physiotherapy can help to reduce pain and swelling, as well as improve range of motion and flexibility. Physiotherapy can also be used to prevent injury by strengthening muscles, and improving balance. Physiotherapy can provide many benefits beyond the physical. It can help reduce stress, anxiety, and improve your sleep quality.
Our Physiotherapists Can Help You
Excel Body & Health provide quality physio care to patients across the Northern suburbs of Melbourne from our local clinic in Rosanna.
We welcome patients from Templestowe and aim to provide you with the best possible treatment and care.