Physiotherapy is one the most well recognised Allied Health professions globally. Physiotherapists are known for being thorough and well educated in assessing, diagnosing, treating and providing rehabilitation for musculoskeletal injuries. Physiotherapy provides a non-invasive and complete solution to pain and injuries. It also helps improve performance. Our Physiotherapists near Watsonia are dedicated to restoring physical function and reducing imbalances by treating the individual or as an adjunct to our “Clinical Exercise” classes.
Common improvements with Physiotherapy treatments are; reduced pain, reduced muscle tension, improved mobility, improved circulatory performance and patient education.
What To Expect During Your Physiotherapy Consultation
Our Physiotherapists near Watsonia will review your medical history, evaluate your body function, and present you with a management plan and treatment plan that will achieve your desired outcome. This patient-centred approach focuses on personalised and evidence-based treatments which get you feeling and moving better sooner. A consultation will usually follow;
What Do Physiotherapists Treat?
Our local to Watsonia Physiotherapists are able to assist in assessing, diagnosing and providing treatment for a wide variety of conditions including;
What Techniques Do Physios Use?
There are many techniques that physiotherapists can use to help patients. These are some of the most commonly used techniques:
- Massage: This technique is very effective and can be used to ease tension and pain. Massage can also help to improve circulation and increase flexibility.
- Exercise: Exercise is an important part of physical therapy. It can strengthen muscles, increase range of motion, and decrease pain.
- Heat and Cold Therapy: This involves using either heat or cold to help relieve pain and swelling. Cold therapy can reduce inflammation and heat therapy to relax muscles.
- Ultrasound: This is a technique that uses sound waves to help relieve pain and promote healing.
- Electrical Stimulation: This is a technique that uses electrical impulses to help relax muscles and reduce pain.
These are just a few examples of the many methods physiotherapists employ to help patients. Talk to a professional if you’re experiencing pain or discomfort.
We welcome private health insurance, Medicare, Workcover, TAC and DVA patients.
The Benefits of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy can provide many benefits for both the body and mind. Physiotherapy can be a helpful treatment for injury recovery. It can reduce pain and swelling as well improve flexibility and range-of-motion. Physiotherapy can also be used to prevent injury by strengthening muscles, and improving balance. Physiotherapy can provide many benefits beyond the physical. It can help reduce stress, anxiety, and improve your sleep quality.
Our Physiotherapists Can Help You
Excel Body & Health provide quality physio care to patients across the Northern suburbs of Melbourne from our local clinic in Rosanna.
We welcome patients from Watsonia and aim to provide you with the best possible treatment and care.